Jul 11, 2022
Hands up if you own an e-Commerce business – or if you have an e-commerce component!
Yes, I know I can’t see your raised hands…because, Leanne, this is a podcast – duh.
But I know you’re out there.
Because many of us are making money in the digital world right now…Because it’s totally the place to be. So for all those e-commercers – this episode is for you!
I’m chatting with Louise Duggan, founder of the successful DIY cake business, Cake 2 the Rescue, and she has some fantastic secrets to share – as well as some insights about her past challenges and wins.
I thoroughly enjoyed our interview and I’m super keen to buy my own cake kit for my birthday later this month….So keep an eye on my socials for photos!
Anyway, let’s dive into the episode.
ABOUT LOUISE DUGGAN:
UK born, Queensland-based entrepreneur, Lou Duggan, is the founder of Cake 2 The Rescue, an award-winning DIY cake kit company that has helped more than 40,000 Australian families pour their love into a homemade cake.
With a background in engineering and design, Lou has spent the last 11 years building Cake 2 The Rescue into a thriving e-commerce business, with more than 300 cake kit designs, and a loyal online audience of 60,000+ cake fans.
As a talented creative entrepreneur, Lou is a big believer in the power of vulnerability in business and loves empowering other women to ditch perfectionism.
Lou is mum to three gorgeous teenage girls and lives on the Gold Coast with her hubby Craig. She confesses an addiction to human connection, homewares and her dog George.
• Could you please share more about your business journey?
• What were some of your challenges and mistakes – and how did you overcome them?
• On the flipside, what have been some of your wins?
• What type of marketing have you done to promote your ecommerce business?
• I understand building a strong online community around you has been essential to your success – could you please expand on that?
• Any tips for someone starting an ecommerce side to their business?
CONNECT WITH LOUISE: