Jun 27, 2022
When you enter the business world with a strong passion for a product or service you want to put out there, you obviously want to make money.
Well, that should be at least one of your driving forces!
But there are often many little financial things that you don’t know you need to know.
Like when you should register for GST and what type of resources and grants are out there to support you. And the difference between a bookkeeper, BAS agent, and tax accountant.
Today, I’m chatting with Joanne Brooker from Pengwen Bookkeeping about some of this key financial information. And I promise it’s all explained in a very easy-to-understand way!
Let’s jump into the episode.
ABOUT JOANNE BROOKER:
Joanne Brooker is a bookkeeping professional who’s been in business at Pengwen Bookkeeping for 15 years. She has experience in multiple software and industries – and plenty of knowledge acquired from previous corporate roles in purchasing and supply chain management.
So Joanne has seen it all when it comes to the accounts for small businesses.
She originally started the business to have flexibility around family – with her business name being a constant reminder of her Why.
• To begin with, can you share more about your why and your business journey?
• When does someone need a bookkeeper? Right at the beginning of their business journey or further in?
• What are some typical mistakes business owners make in regards to the finances when they start?
• Let’s talk about GST. When should someone register for it? What are the key things they need to know?
• What are some resources our listeners should refer to to find this information?
• In regards to growth – when should our sole trader listeners consider the move to company status?
• Employee v Contractor – what is the difference?
• Any final tips you’d like to add?
CONNECT WITH JOANNE: